Amie, Michael and I discovered a nice little single track trail real close to home. I'm not sure of the official name of the trail, but it is in the Dimple Dell gulch. It is a trail that is shared with walkers, runners, and equestrians. All of which we ran into. It was not crowded at all. Just two walkers, one runner and one gal on a horse. It was a nice ride with some technical areas. This is the first MTB ride on the new XC Comp. I rode the whole trail in full suspension. I love the new bike, it handled all the obsticles beautifully. We had to turn back after about 30 minutes because Michael had to go to work. I can see that this is a trail I will ride many times this summer.
On Thursday I rode hills. Uggh. I rode south from Channing Hall on 150 East and 13500 South. Just past Harmon's the rode goes uphill pretty steeply. It almost turned into a puke hill for me, but I rode all the way to the top near the Chevron station. I briefly considered hooking up with Traverse Ridge Road to see how far I could go before passing out, but thought better of it. I rode down Highline drive and then hooked up with the PRT and rode to Draper park. I opted to climb up the short hill to 12300 South. The ride down 12300 is always fun. Unfortunately, I got a flat on the front near 700 East. Swapped out tubes and headed home. Went for a short ride later while Amie jogged along the PRT from Draper Park. Guess what. Another flat. I hade flat tires. Went to Wal-Mart and bought a slime tube for the front.
I patched the first flat, it had 5 holes. The second flat had 3. Now I am riding with slime tubes front and back. I hope I can say goodbye to flats.
I have a few rides that I haven't logged, I'll just list the milage for them.
4/8
Distance: 5.9 and 3.6
Time in saddle: 35:07 and 49:31
4/9
Distance 16.2 miles
Time in saddle: 1:39:00
4/15
Distance: 8.6 and 3.5
Time in saddle: 1:03:00 and 29:18
4/16
Distance: 2.8
Time in saddle: 45:00
2010:
Distance: 111.0 miles
Time in saddle: 12:33:01
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment