Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Crappy weather equals crappy ride

Yesterday I decided to try to get in a ride before the weather turned to total crap. I had a Wii game to return to Blockbuster, so I thought I would just head out on the new bike. I rode up 11400 South to 1300 East where I turned south toward 12300.

Just about the time I turned the corner, all hell broke loose. I was suddenly faced with 30+ mile per hour winds blowing directly in my face. "No problem", I thought "this section is all downhill." Ha. I usually coast down this hill and have an enjoyable time. I actually had to pedal just to make it to the bottom of the hill. On top of that, 30 seconds into the downhill ride hail started pelting me. Yuck.

I had on shorts and a long sleeve biking shirt. I was soon drenched in very cold water. I made it to Blockbuster and dropped off the game. I took my time inside of Blockbuster trying to warm up a bit. When I came back out the hail had mercifully stopped, but it was still pretty chilly.

I high tailed it back home as quick as I could. I would have liked to have had a bit of a longer ride, but it wasn't to be.

April 5:
Distance: 5.9 miles
Time in saddle: 39:33

2010:
Distance: 49.7 miles
Time in saddle: 5:00:49

No comments:

Post a Comment