Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Weigh in today

Yesterday I went to the gym. Rode the Expresso for 36 minutes which was 9 miles. After the bike, I hopped on the treadmill for about 30 minutes. It was a pretty decent workout. I shot hoops for about 25 minutes after that. I was getting so frustrated. I did nothing but free throws. I could not seem to make more than 2 in a row. I made two in a row several times, but choked after that. I would like to get up to 10 in a row. Speaking of basketball, I am thinking about pursuing a goal I have had for 30 plus years. I want to slam dunk a basketball. I know that I need to lose a lot of weight and train the right muscles to make it happen. I'm thinking maybe in about a year or so.
I was ready to ride to work last night, but Amie talked me out of it. It was drizzling and she thought I would not be safe. Hopefully soon, I'll be able to start riding to work.
I went to Weight Watchers today to weigh in after following the plan for 1 week. I was down an incredible 8.6 pounds. It is still unbeleiveable to me. Amie told me that I should feel good about my accomplishments. I told her I would be happy when I started seeing results. She replied that clearly I was seeing results. She has no idea what "results" means to me. After nearly 20 years of marriage, I still find it hard to believe that she can be so clueless when it comes to what is important to me.
Anyway it was a good week with eating. I purposefully let myself get very very hungry on several occassions. I need to learn to be OK with what feeling hungry is. I think I can get used to it with some practice.
Looking forward to a nice long bike ride tomorrow. We cancelled our obligations to the boys' classrooms so, I should have plenty of time to pull it off. I am aiming for 15+ miles.

New weight: 272.6

No comments:

Post a Comment