Thursday, March 11, 2010

Another ride today

I went for a bit longer of a ride today. I spent a fair amount of time on hills. I rode west on 11400 Southunder the freeway through the construction. What a mess. I cut through the neighboorhood south of 11400 and picked up the Jordan River Parkway trail. I wanted to se what parts of the trail were open this early in the year. I rode north until the trail was closed due to construction at about 11400. It was a bit frustrating because I could see that the path continued past the construction but I could not access it.
I turned around and headed south, thinking I would ride to 13200 south. When I got to the underpass under 12300, the trail was closed yet again due to construction. I decided to take the western spur to see where that led. After going a couple of miles (and through several dirt sections), the trail terminated in a neighboorhood. I rode from there to the Tithing Hill neighboorhood. That was almost all uphill. About a miles worth. It was a good test for my legs. My lungs did great, but I felt the burn. I cut through Tithing hill and back down to the river trail. The road down was a steep surface street with no traffic. I let loose and picked up speed. I maxed out at nearly 35 mph. Fun, fun, fun.
From there I headed back home. Two more stretches of uphill rides before coming home.

Today:
Distance: 12.3 miles
Time in saddle: 1:18:00

2010:
Distance: 26.5 miles
Time in saddle: 2:36:55

No comments:

Post a Comment