05:30
The weather is starting to warm a bit and it's time to dust the bicycle off. Amie and I are planning a short "warm up" ride later today. Last fall I decided to ride in the Lotoja bicycle race. It is time to start training. I plan on updating with all my rides this year leading up to Lotoja. Most of it will be boring, but then again, I do not expect anyone to ever read this, so who cares.
16:15
Today I joined Weight Watchers. I have done it in the past, but never joined a "meeting". Amie wants me to go to meetings. Studies show that those who attend have a much greater success rate. Today was the first meeting. Uugh I weighed in at a hefty 281.2 pounds. The heviest I have ever been.
I got the bikes down today and pumped up the tires. Amie and I were going to go on a short starter ride. After we changed clothes and got ready to ride, Amie discovered that her rear tire was flat again. I ended up going without her. My butt and thighs are a bit sore, but it was good to get out.
I went a short distance from my house along the Porter Rockwell trail to the Trax station at 10000 South. Out and back it was 5.2 miles and took 28:50 minutes. I have a long way to go before Lotoja in September. I will go on another short ride tomorrow if everything goes as planned.
Today:
Distance: 5.2 miles
Time in saddle: 28:50
Weight: 281.2
Wednesday, March 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment